Tuesday, July 15, 2014

An Incredibly Simple Way to Keep Your Brain Fit

An Incredibly Simple Way to Keep Your Brain Fit!

I made an exciting discovery today. I was late in taking my morning walk, and it was very hot by the time I did, so instead of going in a straight line across the park, the way I usually do, I zigged and zagged back and forth, staying in the shade of the trees most of the time.
The result was that I walked faster and longer than I do even when I walk early in the day when it's cooler, and I think that was the plasticity factor, meaning that new activities keep the brain engaged, and increase our productivity. 
With Alzheimer’s Disease on the rise, this is so important. My Dad has it, and I have helplessly watched as his mind has disappeared while his body stays behind. He still has his core personality, thankfully, so he is upbeat and happy, but he doesn't know where he is, rarely knows who he is talking to, and can’t hold a conversation – and he was a brilliant man.
It is a hideous disease, and anything we can do to prevent getting it is worth doing in spades. 
But even aside from that, brain plasticity is crucially important to our lives today, as it improves so many areas of our lives. More on this tommorrow. 
If you would like a free initial coaching session on the phone, just give me a call. If you are in Phoenix, I will come to your office, so that you can experience a complimentary session of the wonderful benefits of MindFit Technology in person.  (480) 389-1019.

No comments:

Post a Comment